Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Off to Work I Go...


Hey Sweet Cheeks,

So mommy's "maternity leave" ends this week. My first official shift will be on daylight's savings time. Kinda lucked out there since I will only have to work 11 hours instead of 12 hours. Who am I kidding? It will still be 12 hours!

I am a bit anxious about it. Instead of spending my first shift showing off pictures of you and having extra breaks to pump, it will just be a "normal" shift back after three months off and almost six long months from working on the unit.  I don't know if I am more concerned about those who don't know about what happened or those who do. I am trying to prepare myself for both.

I am different person now. Returning seems so odd. Unnatural in a way. As you know I attempted to quit, but that didn't work out. But I am also a bit excited about it. It will be nice to have adult conversations (no offense) despite the fact they happen at usually around 3 am. It will also be nice to get back a large part of who I am.

I am nurse in my soul and it is hard to be away from bedside care for so long. The excitement of the hospital is unparalleled. As any nurse will tell you it is a love/hate relationship.

Let's be real though, the real reason I am returning is to get some DOUGH! Mommy and daddy are worn thin by now, so we are anxious to start earning some money to pay back hospital bills and hopefully get you a headstone soon. But the real DRIVE to earn money is to start raising money for adopting a sister or brother for you. I know you approve!  Heck, I feel like you are pushing me the hardest for this.

Everyone is being so wonderful to help, Claudie! IT IS AMAZING!! Only God could ordain such an outpouring of love!

I want you to know something, hunny: just as I did when I returned after your siblings were born, I will think of you EVERY SECOND of my first shift back! No I won't be wondering if daddy is feeding you on time or if you are sleeping ok, but I will be thinking of you just the same.

See ya soon!
Mommy

4 comments:

t-dog said...

That is beautiful...you are awesome and we have missed you!
Tracy

livycel said...

I have missed you too Tracy!

elizabeth SADY said...

I looked for the like button so many times during your post above. :) Well wishes for your return to work and all the adventures that lie ahead. Your patients are so lucky to have you!

livycel said...

Ah thanks Elizabeth!!