Thursday, February 28, 2013

12 Weeks

I have been dreading this day for...well 3 months.

But the day lost a lot of it's sting for two main reasons:

1. She was born on the 29th so Feb 29 doesn't really exist, right?

2.  I spent pretty much my entire day dedicated to her memory.

- I started a Facebook page for her:
 In Loving Memory of Claudette Elyse
I am so excited to start this page to break the silence further. Say it Out Loud!
We have even decided to have "Friend Friday" wherein another one of my many friends I have made in this journey will share her story.

- I created an event page to start the journey toward adoption:
 Rummage Sale Fundraiser
Yes, that is correct Dustin and I are starting the journey to adoption. We have wanted to adopt kids way before we had any children. I would be lying if I didn't say it does make me feel a little guilty to be discussing another child when ours has only been buried for 12 weeks, but I know this process will take us years and we want to be prepared when there is that knock on the door. The fact is no one could or ever would replace any of our children. I keep hearing my daughter's voice saying this is what you should do. So we are doing it!

My friend told me God has a way of paying for what he orders! Well he already dropped a $5000 donation to the cause via some of the most generous couples I know. We have NUMEROUS donations of furniture and clothes and movies and everything you can imagine. The bake sale is already getting me salivating. This sale is bigger than I could have dreamed!

So when I checked the time I was shocked to find it was already 5pm! Instead of spending the day drowning in sad tears, I was teary all day because the love being pour down on us. 
WE ARE BLESSED!

Happy 3 months my little Claude-hopper!

12 weeks ago




No comments: