Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Why I "LIKE" Facebook

 
 
WHY I Facebook:


1. I  LIKE venting. I mean who doesn't like posting about the bratty kids next to them at Chic-fil-a.(Oh no, that means someone has posted about my kids too...oops.)

2. I  LIKE telling people I am pregnant with twins and getting 98 notes of congratulations and equal if not more likes.

3. I LIKE telling those same 98 people I miscarried my twins at one time. It was hard enough to type the words out. I can't imagine having to relive my story dozens and dozens of times via the phone or face to face conversations.

4. I LIKE seeing my nieces and nephews that live in a bunch of different states and hearing stories about them at a whim. (BTW you can HIDE the person who post a bizzion pics of their kids...see now you have no excuse to be annoyed with me!)

5. I LIKE birthdays! I mean who doesn't like pretty much EVERY one of their friends remembering the day of their birth, let alone wishing them a happy birthday on the actual day? Makes a person feel special, I tell ya.

6. I LIKE getting to know people better. Yes, I know social media is a poor replacement for in person but it still helps me to understand a lot of people on a deeper level than I would of otherwise.

7. I LIKE that I don't have to go to my HS reunion now...or at least if  I do it will be for the right reasons, not just to see who got fat.

8. I LIKE that I can create an illusion. I have taken a picture of me in my house at 5pm wherein I didn't look bloated and you couldn't see the tornado the toddlers had created all day. GENIUS.

9. I LIKE reality TV. Enough said.

10. I LIKE hearing about what social and political views matter to my friends (seriously!) and seeing post about how ignorant I would be if I don't agree with said social and political post (not seriously!).

11. I LIKE sharing my own social and political views and shoving those views down my friends throat.

12. I LIKE sharing and creating pages about things I think need to change and reaching 100s if not 1000s in one quick swoop. Pages such as this CLICK HERE. (Told you I shoved!)

13. I LIKE you. I get to call all 651 of you my "friends" whether we have met or not. Isn't that why we are all on Facebook?

No comments: