Thursday, February 21, 2013

SNOW DAY!


So today we got hit with a blizzard. It was fabulous!! I love snow days! They are always such a great reminder of WHO is in ultimately in charge, forcing us to calm down our hectic lives and refocus on what is important.

I was a little concerned last evening when I realized I hadn't got this week's groceries yet...
...and there was a 90% chance of freezing rain/blizzard by morning.
 
But after a long work day true to form daddy came to the rescue..
 

Since daddy couldn't make it out of the drive way he was able to spend the day with us too. He had to work and shovel...

...most of the day but just having him here is so comforting.

Since I now had a fully stocked frig, I decided to make a my favorite breakfast for everyone.
Almond French toast (and yes mommy made the bread too)

I think little miss likes it as much as me. She had four pieces...and a fifth for lunch.
 We had an afternoon treat of chocolate snow ice cream.


Pork roast and root veggies cooked low and slow all day and the house smelled exactly as it should on snow day.

Daddy took advantage of working from home and we watched Argo while the littles napped.

After they woke up, we decided to take the your brother and sister sledding across the street to Suicide Hill.

Despite Henry's shoes falling off twice and the snow drifts reaching Amelie's chin, we had a blast. Shh, don't tell your brother and sister but daddy and I might sneak back over there after they are asleep...only teasing (well kinda).

It seems whenever something happy happens, I miss you more. I couldn't help thinking about you so much today. When we found out you would be a winter baby, we were so excited that we would have an excuse to snuggle up in the cold with you. The winter has been mild so there hasn't been too much time until today to reflect on the sad reality that you are not nestled in my arms as the snow falls outside. But right now Henry is snuggled up next to me watching a movie and Amelie is snoring away as daddy attempts to shovel...again! And even though I am miss you terribly, I can honestly say I am happy for the first time in a long time. Is it possible to be sad and happy at the same time? Must be, because I am.

No comments: