Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love You Two

In May of 2011 mommy wasn't feeling so hot. She thought she had an infection.

As you can see by daddy's reaction it was way more than an infection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJtk_VgxKpM&feature=player_detailpage

A few weeks later mommy got even bigger news, twice as big to be exact!!

I almost fainted when the ultrasound tech said, "I hear two heartbeats...and they are sharing the same sac! THEY ARE IDENTICAL!!!" Wowza!!! Over the moon. I just know you are girls. Although, I won't know for sure for a while yet.

I left the OB office trying to get a hold of everyone to tell them. I knew I couldn't tell daddy over the phone after his reaction to find out about just one of you. So I went as soon as I could to go get my mom from dialysis and tell her.

Here is her reaction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn4ni8E3ozY

Priceless huh? Did you hear her say and "Rochelle is having them too??" Grandma is a twin and her twin sister Rochelle's daughter was having twins at the same time. Twins run in our family something fierce!

It was pretty estastic time.

We celebrated Aunt Rochelle's and mom's birthday with a big party at our house on July 21st.
 
I had been bleeding and cramping all day, but thought little of it. I had called the doc and he said to come in on Monday. I was fine with that. You were still ok. Just normal implantation spotting they told me.

Daddy and I were so extremely excited. I can never remember feeling more blessed by God's choosing us for care of adorable identical twins. Here is a posting I placed on facebook:

"God is so good! How am I so blessed to be having twins?!"

I went in for a visit with a high risk doctor a couple weeks later since they thought you might be sharing the same fluid as well as the same sac (there is usually a divider). The perinatalogist said you both had no heartbeat. I thought my heart stopped as well. You were almost 10 weeks old. I couldn't stop looking at the screen; you were holding each other. Are you still holding each other? It brings me peace you have each other.

I kept screaming, "I can't tell my mom! I can't tell my mom. She will be devastated." The doctor said your mom will understand more than anyone. She was right.
I am so happy she got to hold you first.

So today you both would be one years old...and we did have a big party but it was for daddy's and Uncle Drew's 33rd. Told you twins run like crazy in this family. Can you imagine how crazy fun the party would have been if both sets of twins shared a birthday? Mommy has an history of going all out for first birthdays!

Happy big one!

I love you two,
Mommy

P.S. Give your little sis and grandma a hug from me, ok?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Alyvia, My heart hurts so much for you. I pray for you and Dustin often.