Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Nursery

Hey little Miss!
I got super down and sad tonight thinking about the love and thought that went into the your nursery and yet you never got to see it. You was never able to enjoy the pretty little details that I prepared just for you. It also depressed me to think that I couldn't show it off to others without pity looks and "so sad" statements. So I decided to stop pouting and show it off. Here are some of the highlights of your nursery:


Your nursery!
When I first envisioned a look I thought modern. Chevron is close as mommy gets to modern I guess. I found the lamp and pink "C" sitting in corner of grandma's and I favorite store, TJ Maxx the first time I went shopping after she died. I was so excited I texted a picture of it out right there in the store.


LOVE these vintage finds I have discovered over the years.
Sorry baby, mommy has a flair for the dramatic. But seriously someone would be crazy to pass up this vintage $25 craigslist find!

Most comfortable rocking chair EVER. All ready to read our favorite book "You are My Sunshine".

The crib has been passed down through each of your older siblings. It was picked out with much love by daddy and mommy. Oh if only you knew the drama that went into this bedding. The moment mommy saw it at PB kids she had to have it!! I was saving (and selling at Rhea Lana) to pay for it. Grandma said enough is enough and decided to just buy it outright for your birth gift. Turns out the darn thing was on back order not to arrive til late November at the earliest. Long story short it arrived just in time.  I was sooo excited when it arrived. That was the night before we found out you were never to see it firsthand.

The beautiful jewelry box grandma gave me sits on your nightstand.

 As close to crafty as I get...

 I decided on an elephant theme for your nursery. They have always been my favorite animal and it seems fitting since grey was one the colors I chose for your nursery. Now every time I see an elephant I feel you saying "hi". Love the Bible your Great Aunt Sherry gave you.

Mommy LOVES Craigslist. $20 changing table find!

 Another elephant themed thing I found in Boulder. Couldn't pass it up.

My $10 Rhea Lana find. Matches nicely huh?



Some clothes to add to your collection despite the hundreds you already had from big sis:
Dramatic little shoes from who else? Aunt Ally

 I love these pjs because Henry and Amelie have matching striped ones. So looking forward to a photo op with these.

 Going home outfit...of course vintage Ralph Lauren.

I mean seriously? The leggings. Need I say more.


 I LOVED this frame also purchased in Boulder. I thought a going home picture would be perfect in it. It is one of the hardest things in the room to look at for mommy because it is empty.

The precious baby book your Aunt Audra got for you. It turned out to be your guest book at your funeral and has all kinds of sweet sentiments written to you.


Amelie has had every pair of girlie shoes that exist, but for some reason I thought you needed a pair of chux!

 Daddy almost had a cow when he realized how much these muslin "swaddlers" cost. Only the best for you my love.

 Seriously, we were R.E.A.D.Y. Down to the diaper pail liners.

 Mr. Elephant

 

 The gorgeous blanket made with love by my sweet friend Nicole and pink teddy from your Aunties.

 

Your going home outfit and keepsakes the sweet nurses made for us to remember you by.

 Another great find at my fave TJ Maxx. Your brother and sister are always stealing it from your room so they can reach things around the house.

 Geoffrey the Giraffe watched out over the crib for both Henry and Amelie and was in place to do the same for you. (Sorry Geoff for the pink tutu.)

Big sister's picture is in your room. Random I know...but honestly it won't fit anywhere else. New parent mistake: buying big pics of your kids.

 This pic was given to mommy by your Great Grandma on her 13th coming of age trip. I actually remember saying, "it's so beautiful I will pass it down to my girls."

We are still not sure what exactly to do with all the lovely things we purchased with you in mind. Perhaps, someday your little brother or sister will sleep in your bed, wear your clothes, or bounce in your bouncy. Perhaps, we will donate a lot of it to charity. But for now we are going to touch a thing!
This is the view from the door. Daddy always leaves the light on for you every night and I always wish you a "goodnight" on my way to bed. So "goodnight" sweet Claudette Elyse.


 
 

5 comments:

BABY MITCHELL'S MOMMY said...

♥ Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Oh, Livy. You are such an artist crafting your thoughts into expressive words and fashioning your childrens' room, accessories, and clothes in artistic creativity and color. The pictures and your comments help me understand more deeply yuur tremendous loss.

TheLFamily said...

This is a beautiful nursery and a beautiful story. I have been following you on fb as my son is currently battling hydrops. We never did a nursery because we found out at 20 weeks...but are cautiously optimistic and I have just begun planning. Everything you chose with such love for Claudette, she was a fortunate little girl to have been given such good love and mothering for every moment.

Simple Sweet Soul said...

All I could think of while I was reading this post is what incredible love, what enormous love...

Unknown said...

I remember all the love and thought you put into planning each detail of that beautiful nursery for our little girl.