Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Breathing room please!!

I can't breathe. I am suffocating by the emotional, physical, and financial stress.
I have a huge amount of stuff that I could list to vouch for such stress, but I won't overwhelm you too.
Let's just say it's a LOT.

Then to add insult to my "empty-belly" injury, I keep getting asked when I am due. I mean like DAILY asked! It would be okay if were by mainly older people who know no better (I guess) but I get it from pretty much anyone on almost every day. The crazy thing is it sneaks up on me every time and hurts just as badly if not worse than the first time it was asked.

I get it I have been "blessed" with my mom's figure and with it comes a lovely bubble belly from delivering BIG babies mixed with genetics.

I so wish that next time I am asked I can snap back, "No! I am NOT pregnant, just a swollen belly from delivering almost a 12 lb baby mixed with the emotional stress of her putting her in a hole instead of a car seat for her trip home...oh and having 5 babies within 4 years time only two of which I got to take home from the hospital."

Think that would shut them up for the next unsuspecting victim?  Ya you're right, probably not...but it WOULD help me feel better.

Then I have my "helpful" friends who like to suggest I should just do "more cardio". If only more cardio would take this away. People like to assume I sit around eating Cheetos and am sedentary all day. That fact is I actually stay active and eat healthy for the most part. Surprising, I know by my physical appearance. If only it were as easy as hitting the gym.

All of the above is just another reminder that no one on this earth can walk this journey for me. It is mine but NOT mine alone. 

 
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.


...easier said than done, huh? 








No comments: