Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Set in Stone

It has never felt so real.
It has never felt so raw.

A few moments before leaving work yesterday, I received a call from an unknown number. I was with a patient and unable to answer. The message left went like this:

"They are laying the concrete for Claudette's headstone today. It should be all set and reading to view by this evening."

It is no longer SURREAL. It is REAL!  

So real in fact it is officially set in stone. Here are some of the pictures of our daughter, Claudette's headstone.

"Lullaby and Goodnight" the last words I whispered in my daughter's ears.

 
 
Brother and sister taking it in...
If you include my shadow it is the first picture of our whole family.
 
Explaining to the kids...
 
Never did we think they would share so much more than a name.
 

 
 The back. The booties on either side represent our twins that Claudie got to meet before us.
If you look closely you can see the shadow of my feet between the set of booties. So I guess
 
I am still standing!


1 comment:

Steph Nelson said...

Alyvia,

This is beautiful. I remember when we finally got the headstone for our baby, Evelyn. It was like my whole being heaved a big sigh of relief. Now the world can see that she DID exist and that she IS special. A grave marker is a powerful thing.

Continued prayers for your heart to heal from so much loss.

Love,
Steph Nelson