Tuesday, January 28, 2014

14 months

Fourteen months is a grand milestone in our children lives.
Your brother Henry learned to walk at 14 months...
 
and become a big brother...
 
 
14 months is also when your sister Amelie walked...
 
....and when she broke two major bones in her leg
...adventurous that one.
 
Fourteen months is a hard one for me to be without you. Not only is it hard because your bro and sis were simply adorable at that age...I mean look at those pictures, but it is really when your brother and sister blossomed.
Personalities, mobility, learning all seemed to make a big jump around that time.
But here we are 14 months since you were born and we will not see you blossom. We will not see you toddle with new found independence as only a new walker can. We will see you point to colors or identified numbers as your siblings did.
But perhaps the hardest we won't hear your little voice. Oh, I wish so much I could hear the gibberish and cues and mommas and dadas from you. I wonder if you would talk a lot like your sister and brother, or would they do the talking for you? 
I wondered when we first lost you would I always see you as a baby or would grow with time.
I feel your growing with time. I see you as 14 month old. I see your wavy, brown locks, your big brown eyes and your chubby legs as your make your way around the house reeking havoc on its cleanliness.
But I also see you unchanged. No you will not blossom into a full rose, but this means you will not wither. Your petals will not fall and shrivel...
 
You will remain the beautiful little pink baby bud just as the one we laid in your hands.

No comments: