Thursday, October 17, 2013

I don't want to let go!

This weekend we had a memorial service for you and your twin siblings and all the babies that have left too soon.

Mommy read you the letter I read to you on the day of your funeral, Letter from Mommy.

It was a beautiful afternoon full of love, music and sweet remembrances.










After we added your name to the tree (sorry mommy wrote it upside down)...

...we all walked over to open area after the ceremony and proceeded to release our balloons.






Off they went...
Up Up...
...and away



As we watched most of the balloons go off into the sky, I noticed a certain little 5 year old brother holding on to his still...

What's going on buddy? I ask. 
"I don't want to let go!"

Oh brother Henry I don't want to let go either!

He looked up at me with his big hazel eyes and asked, "Is this all we get?"
 
I am pretty sure he was bummed because he thought that made we were going up with the balloons or there was not hot air balloon ride included with the balloon release or something of the sort. But for whatever reason he felt it, I felt exactly the same! 
This is ALL we get???? As I said in my letter to you. I want to know you at 2. At 10. At 20.
So your big brother let go of his balloon (ever so unwillingly) and proceeded to lay on the ground and cry. EXACTLY what I wanted to do at that point.
But we got up and looked to the sky and off your balloon floated to you in the heavens. It's a poor replacement for having you here, but it is all we got...
for now!
 See ya soon! 
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing.Tears for you from far away. Beautifully written.