Sunday, May 5, 2013

Still Standing

Five months later and I am STILL STANDING ... at least today.

Today, I am preparing for an interview on loss and love in the food section of the Kansas City Star. Say It Out Loud right?  So today I am strong, but some days I would rather not stand.



Some days I would rather lay in bed all day.
Some days I would rather sit on the couch and loose myself in reality TV.

But today, five months to the day that I buried my daughter, I am still standing.

Yesterday not only was I standing, but I was RUNNING (kinda) in a 5K to honor our daughter called the Angel Day run. It was nothing of what I thought it would be since we got a snow storm and rain fall for days before. Instead it was more like the Warrior Dash through inches of mud and standing water and freezing temps. But then again life is never what I expect these days.


 

I never thought I would be running in an Angel Day run for my angel daughter.

I never thought the month of May would be a constant reminder of my mother's death.

I never thought Mother's Day itself who become a hurtful reminder of the three children that have preceded me in death.

I never thought I would have to be begging, borrowing, and stealing in order to fulfill our dream of having a big family via adoption.

But this is MY life now...and I am thankful that because of God's mercy I am STILL STANDING!
 


1 comment:

Sarah Mclane said...

You have a way with words! Love it!