Friday, May 3, 2013

Lost mommy. Found puppy.

So I am going to do what I always do when I get emotional...blog. AND boy do I have something fun to blog about.

Her name is Miss Hattie Hope
(AKA Pickles if you ask Henry).

Dustin came up with the name, even though at first he wanted to call her an abbreviated version of her breed (Shitzu) and I decided to make her middle name Hope, since that is precisely what she has given me.

Why in the world would we get a puppy since we already have the sweetest dog? And a crazy life? And are trying to raise funds for a baby, not spend them on a dog?

Well, the truth is those are all really good questions. But as I laid feverish and sobbing in bed late Saturday evening, something made me go to Craigslist pet page and just look. She was the first picture I saw. I thought I might be crazy but I fell in love immediately. Dustin KNEW I was crazy (he has never doubted it since he met me).  We took the 3 hour round trip none-the-less with two (also sick) toddlers, a big black lab mix, a sick mommy and a cranky daddy just to get her.

Turns out it was a great decision for many reasons, not the least of which it has brought invaluable discussions about adoption and raising something as your own even if you didn't carry it as your own.

She is precious and perfect and cuddly just what this empty-armed momma needed about now. However, I will say it was a little hard when I realized the bedding I purchased for her was from the same the material the blanket that Claudette was buried in.

But the fact remains she is sweet and won over the hearts of so many already...and as she nibbles on my toes as I write this I ADORE HER MORE and MORE each second!

Here are some pictures and videos of her first week at home:

 Love at first sight.

 First bath..
Where's Waldo?
New bedding (yes identical material to Claudie's blanket)
First of many shenanigans I am sure Henry will get this little dog into...
But boy is he over the moon..

Can't you feel the love?

Faith is very protective and sweet...

Henry walking around the park with Hattie saying, "wanna pet my baby dog, Pickles?"

 Paparazzi frenzy at the 5K


Shopping with my gals...

 These flowers were a barter from the little British blonde in exchange for petting Hattie.

Need I say more? I mean look at that face!

No comments: