Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Elephant in the Room

When I was around four or so, I used to call my Uncle Scott and Aunt Candie, "Uncle Cotton Candy". I truly thought it was their name. I remember wanting to go to their house so much just to see if magically cotton candy would start appearing. I believed they were magical for a long time, so it feel to reason when they gave all us kids stuffed animals one year I treasured mine like no other stuffed animal I had or would ever possess. It was a grey elephant.

Ever since I had have loved elephants. They always reminded me of my mom. I am not sure exactly why. Maybe, it's that my they are sturdy and reliable. Or maybe it was they way they move in a pack reminded me of growing up. Or perhaps, it was something as simple as my mom had grey hair. But I have always got the since my mom personality whenever I see an elephant. Weird I know. Don't worry I am going to therapy.

When we were doing Claudette's nursery we decided on yellow and grey theme. PERFECT, now I could find a way in incorporate my love for elephants somewhere. I loved finding elephants that would fit perfectly in her nursery. 

I found lots of little treasures along the way. If you are curious what they are you can click here.
It was so fun to find treasures along the way, but unfortunately there weren't many to find. Elephants especially for nurseries were hard to find at the time. At least the ones I was looking for.

But something has happened since Claudie died. I see elephants EVERYWHERE! It's weird. One the anniversary of what would be the twins 2nd birthday Monday, I saw twins BOTH sucking on an elephant blankie. There has been tons of times that elephants have appeared at the most opportune times. Heck, as I saw this as I walked out the bathroom today:
Hard to tell, but a daddy, mommy and baby elephant with tails attached.

I take all these things as little hellos from Claudie. I don't know that they are. In fact, I thought it might have just been a phenomena that happens that once something becomes important to you you notice it more. Like when you notice all your home state license plates when you visit another state. 

But perhaps no crazier elephant "sign" has appeared than on the morning of Claudie's first birthday. A local news station posted a picture of the sun rise. The post below the picture read something like this, "do you see what we see? Pretty cool huh?" I can't find the picture. Oh I wish I knew where it was.
But in the sky was a picture of AN ELEPHANT! Not only was it amazing there was a cloud in the shape of an elephant but it was amazing because I had prayed that God would show me a cloud that would make me feel Claudie close to me for months prior. I constantly looked to the sky and nothing.  Then the sunrise...on her birthday none-the-less. I know it was ordained from above (as is everything).

From that moment I knew that these signs are the Holy Spirit's way of letting me feel comfort from above. I am curious to know what signs you have seen and what you think they mean.


No comments: