Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dare I say It? "It was a good day!"

Technically there as still 3 hours and 5 minutes left in today so things could still go south, but today was a good day. Nothing spectacular happened (unless you ask my husband who would claim the installation of Google fiber as just that).

Grief has such big shifts from happy to sad. Angry to loving. Good to bad. The roller coaster ride of it all is enough to break even the strongest of minds. It is all too much for weak me.

Perhaps it that the 3 weeks of anti-depressants are kicking in or perhaps it is the "me date" I treated my self to, but for whatever reason today was good. I honestly doubt it had to do with either of the above, because for anyone who has buried a child you know you could be laying in paradise yet still overcome with sadness.

I think it has more to do with God's grace in the storm. I will take it whenever it came from because it has been way too long since I have had just an average good, ole day.

...and don't worry. I am well aware of the dark days that sure to lie ahead. I am just thankful for the moment that I am happy.

Participants in my "me date": In Style Magazine and OPI nail polish

No comments: